AFWC Meeting, June 19, 2017
Social Housing strategies in major cities of Europe
On Monday, June 19, 2017 the Amsterdam Federation of Housing Associations organized a meeting as part of the International Social Housing Festival. Together with representatives from the cities of Berlin, Copenhagen, Paris, Vienna and of course Amsterdam we discussed the varying, and yet broadly relevant, social housing lessons in the several cities.
The presentations were about the general situation of social housing in every city, the organization of social housing, the main trends/developments and the ‘hot‘ problems / topics in every city related to the general theme’s of the ISHF.
After the presentations we discussed the main topics with housing scientists, Karin Laglas CEO of Ymere and Alderman Laurens Ivens. The audience could give live feedback, respond through smartphone or tablet to speaker's points in real-time, post opinions and ask questions.
The conference report
- Berlin, by Ingo Malter, CEO Stadt und Land Wohnbauten Gesellschaft
- Copenhagen, by Annesophie Hansen, Danmarks Almene Boliger
- Paris, by Bertrand Bret, head international office / advisor chairman Paris Habitat
- Vienna, by Eva Bauer, economist Austrian Federation of Limited Profit Housing Associations
- Amsterdam, by Jeroen van der Veer, senior researcher Amsterdam Federation of Housing Associations